For our first Nu Squared blog of 2016, we wanted to share the reason we developed our Nu Squared EMR software. When we (Dr. Joe Rouw and Dr. Nadira Shadeed) opened our vision therapy practice we wanted to use electronic records. There were several EHR/EMR options for primary care optometry practices, but we couldn’t find a software that had the tools we needed for our vision therapy practice. Our checklist for a vision therapy EMR included:
- Mobile/iPad option for flexibility when recording patient performance during in-office VT sessions
- The ability to quickly and easily generate evaluation reports, including referral reports, letters for insurances, professional letters, and thank-you letters
- Patient management tools, including tracking patient status (i.e., current patients, graduates, dropouts); tracking correspondence with other professionals; and tracking VT start and end dates
- Office management tools such as scheduling, billing, office reminders, and organizing our referral network
- Customization so it can match our practice’s needs
When we couldn’t find an EMR software that fit our checklist, we thought other vision therapy practices might be having the same problem. That is when we decided to develop Nu Squared. And as our checklist continues to grow, Nu Squared EMR continues to evolve to match the needs of the Nu Squared users.
Subscribe to the blog—by putting your email address in the box in the sidebar, then click the confirmation email—to stay updated on all things Nu Squared and vision therapy.